Olympus is a mountain that always used to chalenge people. Its peaks hidden in the clouds and pounded by fierce storms; this the place where Zeus lived ruling all gods and humans. At a lower level, its sunny wooded slopes are softened by the sea this is where people live for thousands of years. Olympus is the highest Greek mountain it is the mountain of Greek myths, the symbol of a civilization it is a monument of nature.
The guide includes the following:
- All the typical routes to the top.
- Hiking routes at lower slopes, which cover the entire mountain.
- Tables, diagrams and maps that make the text easier to read and understand.
- Practical info about the wider area.
- Detailed description for a total of 235km. of trails with altitude sections and marking of the main points.
- Maps based on the “Olympus 1: 25000” map by Anavasi publications.
- Practical tips for getting there and accommodation.
- A SELECTION OF FIVE SKI TOURING ROUTES.